The Oak Leaf: Naval Supply Depot Oakland Volume II, No. 8 (September 1944)

By: United States Navy

Price: $20.00

Quantity: 1 available

Book Condition: Very Good


B&W Illustrations; This magazine is slightly larger than a trade paperback. The magazine is in Very Good condition and was issued without a dust jacket. The book and its contents are in generally clean, bright condition. The covers have some noticeable toning / darkening, especially to the bottom third of the front cover. The text pages are clean and bright. "The Fleet and Industrial Supply Center, Oakland was a supply facility operated by the U. S. Navy in Oakland, California. During World War II, it was a major source of supplies and war materials for ships operating in the Pacific. The Depot had its origin in 1940 when the Navy bought 500 acres (2.0 km2) of wetlands from the city of Oakland for $1.00. The Navy reclaimed the land and populated it with large warehouses. It opened on December 15, 1941, and quickly began a decades-long expansion. In the late 1940s it was renamed Naval Supply Center, Oakland; later it was renamed Fleet and Industrial Supply Center, Oakland. During the Cold War, it was one of the Navy's most important supply facilities."

Title: The Oak Leaf: Naval Supply Depot Oakland Volume II, No. 8 (September 1944)

Author Name: United States Navy

Categories: World War II,

Publisher: Oakland, CA, United States Navy: 1944

Binding: Magazine

Book Condition: Very Good

Seller ID: A36270

Keywords: World War II United States Navy Oakland, CA Naval Supply Depot, Oakland Ships & Sailing World war II,